The Card Design Studio service allows you to customize the design of your debit card, credit card, and prepaid card to create a unique, distinctive card that reflects your personality and interests. You can customize your card using your own image or you can select an image from our image library.
If you plan to use your own image to customize the design of your card, to save time we recommend that you make sure your image is ready to upload before you begin and that it complies with our image guidelines.
There is currently no charge for using the Card Design Studio service to customize the design of your card.
To customize the design of your card, simply select the design option you wish to use then follow the provided step-by-step instructions.
Please note: To use the Card Design Studio service, your browser must be enabled to play Flash files. If you haven't installed the Flash Player yet, you will be prompted to install it when you first attempt to customize the design of your card.
If you have a credit card with multiple cardholders, each card can be customized with a unique image or design. Accountholders can customize a card for anyone on the account, including additional cardholders, but please note that all cardholders on the account will be issued a new card with a new expiration date each time any credit card on the account is customized. To prevent processing delays, we recommend that you customize all cards on the account within the same session.
To help maintain your privacy, please safeguard your specific account details and other personally-identifiable information. If you uploaded a photo or image to your debit, credit or prepaid card and want to share your newly designed card with your friends, for security reasons, please do not display your 16 digit card number or any other card information.
You can customize the design of your personal debit or credit card in two different ways:
You can customize the design of your personal debit, credit or prepaid card in the following ways:
- Upload or select a background image: Choose from our library of unique background images or upload your own image. The background image will cover approximately two-thirds of the card.
- Add your photo: For a personal touch, add a photo to the corner of your card. Please note: Your card is not intended to be used as a form of identification. If you choose to customize your card using a photo of yourself, it is for design purposes only. (This design option is not available to all cards.)
You can customize your business debit or credit card in the following ways:
- Upload or select a background image: Choose from our library of unique background images or upload your own image. You even have the option to add your company name and/or tagline. The background image will cover approximately two-thirds of the card.
- Add your logo: This allows you to add your logo to one of our pre-designed templates and includes the option to add your company name and/or tagline.
- Add your photo: For a personal touch, add a photo to the upper-left corner of your card. Please note: Your debit or credit card is not intended to be used as a form of identification. If you choose to customize your card using a photo of yourself, it is for design purposes only. (This design option is not available to all cards.)
Note: Due to differences in monitor displays, computer graphics capabilities, as well as the size and quality of your image, the design you create and approve online may vary slightly from the actual card you receive.
To customize the design of your card, you can select an image from our image library or upload your own photo of your family, friends, pets, or favorite scenery. Most images can be cropped, scaled, rotated, or flipped using tools provided in the Card Design Studio service.
All of the images in our image library are approved for use in the design of your card, but if you choose to upload your own image, it must adhere to the following guidelines:
Wells Fargo has the sole discretion to accept or reject any image. The guidelines below will help you choose an acceptable image. If your image does not meet these image guidelines, or if we reject it for any other reason, we will send you an email and invite you to try again using a different image.
For all images you must:
- Use one of the following file formats: .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, or .bmp
- Upload a file that is less than three megabytes (that is, 3 MB or 3,000 KB)
- Own the image or have permission from the owner to use the image on your card
For background images you must have pixel dimensions that are greater than or equal to 840x840.
For photos you must have pixel dimensions that are greater than or equal to 400x400.
Images that include any of the following will be rejected:
- Trademarks, copyrighted materials, advertising, or branding.
- Celebrities, musicians, athletes, entertainers, or other public figures.
- Telephone numbers, URLs, account numbers, addresses, or email addresses.
- Cartoon characters or artwork that you have not created and/or do not have permission from the copyright owner to use.
- Violent, offensive, anti-social, or death imagery – including any other material that could be perceived as violent.
- Provocative, lewd, or sexual content – including nude, semi-nude, or partially clothed pictures of people of any age.
- Dead animals, including game animals.
- Political or religious imagery.
- Symbols representing money or other content that might result in confusion at the point of sale, or that might result in card fraud.
- Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs. For example, gangs, hatred, drug or alcohol abuse, graffiti, profanity, or other obscene behavior or gestures.
- Images of flags, unless it is one of the flag-related images from our photo gallery.
Customers With Multiple Cards
You may use the same image on all the cards on your accounts, or differentiate your cards using a distinct image for each card. You can only design one card at a time, so you will need to customize each card individually.
Due to contractual limitations we are only able to offer some images on certain card products. However, we are constantly evaluating the images to assure we can offer you a library of diverse images.
If you’re not sure about the file format, file size, or pixel dimensions, it may be faster and easier to identify an appropriate file before you browse and attempt to upload your file in the Card Design Studio service. If you’re using a PC, you can usually find file format, file size, and pixel dimensions by right-clicking on the file and selecting Properties. If you’re using a Mac, you can usually find pixel dimensions by clicking on the file and selecting Get Info. The method for finding this information will vary depending on your operating system.
Certain disposable cameras, mobile phones, and other picture-taking devices don’t produce high-quality, high-resolution images. As a result, you may not be able to alter the file to make it meet the guidelines.
Sometimes you can successfully alter your image files using a photo software application from your camera company or another photo-editing tool.
You will only be able to preview your uploaded image and selected design during the customization process. Once your image has been approved, Wells Fargo will keep the image on file for as long as you decide to use it on your card. If you choose to remove your customization or select a new customization, your original image will no longer be available. If your card is reissued or replaced, the new card will feature your current customization.
The system allows 30 minutes for the customization process and will alert you when you have 5 minutes remaining to complete your session. If your online banking session times out before you hit Submit and receive a confirmation, you will need to start the customization process again.
To avoid running out of time, we recommend you make sure your image is ready to upload before you begin to give yourself more time to crop, resize, and place your image as well as review your overall design.
After You Customize Your Card
Wells Fargo will review your customizations and image selection then send you an email within approximately 2 business days to let you know if your design is approved. Once approved, your new card will arrive within 7 to 10 calendar days..
Wells Fargo will notify you by email if there is a problem with the customization and image that you submitted, and we will invite you to try again with a different image that meets our posted Image Guidelines. In most cases, solving the problem may be as simple as selecting an image that isn’t trademarked or under copyright.
Your customized card account number and (if applicable) your Personal Identification Number (PIN) will remain the same, and you will continue to be able to use your card wherever at any merchant displaying the symbol of a network in which Bank participates. However, your newly designed card may have a new expiration date. Please inform any merchants with whom you have set up recurring payments of your new expiration date to ensure that your payments continue without interruption.
When your new card arrives:
- Activate your new card immediately.
- Destroy all old cards.
- If the expiration date on your card has changed, please inform any merchants with whom you have set up recurring payments of the new expiration date to ensure that your payments continue without interruption.
Removing Your Customization
For credit cards: To remove the customization from your card, please call us at 1-800-642-4720.
For debit cards, prepaid cards, and business credit cards: To remove the customization from your card, simply visit the Card Design Studio service page and click Remove (listed under Next Steps). Alternately, you can call us at 1-800-225-5935 (for all business cards) or visit your nearest Wells Fargo location (for all debit cards).
If you decide to remove your customization, we will send you a Wells Fargo card with a standard non-customized Wells Fargo image.
Updating Your Customization
You can update your customization at any time. However, if you recently customized your debit card, prepaid card or credit card, there may be a waiting period before you can submit your next customization request. To find out if your card is eligible for customization, please visit the Card Design Studio service page. Eligible cards will be listed with an Update link (listed under Next Steps).
If you choose to remove your customization or select a new customization, your original image will no longer be available and you will have to recreate your customization.
If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, we will need to gather some important details about the loss of your card.
- For credit cards, call 1-800-642-4720
- For debit and prepaid cards, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557)
If your card is already customized, your new replacement card will come with the same design that appeared on the card that was lost or stolen.
If you need additional assistance with the Card Design Studio service:
- For credit cards, call 1-800-642-4720
- For debit and prepaid cards, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557)
- For Online Photo Request process questions, call 1-800-956-4442